Join the Family
If you live, work, worship, attend school, or volunteer in Porter County, Indiana, you can join Midwest Family Federal Credit Union.
Midwest Family FCU is a community-chartered credit union. Our charter defines our field of membership. Our field of membership now includes:
- Any existing members of the credit union and their immediate family or household
- Anyone who lives, works, worships, attends school, or volunteers in Porter County, Indiana, including businesses and other legal entities in Porter County, Indiana
- Employees of this credit union
- Spouses of persons who died in the field of membership
- And organizations of such persons
How to Join:
Joining the credit union is easy! To become a member, you must purchase at least one share by depositing $5 into a share (savings) account. This is not a membership fee. The deposit will earn dividends and can only be withdrawn if you choose to relinquish your membership. Upon opening a share account, you will be eligible to apply for all other services.
Complete this Membership Application and return it to the credit union.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT:
In today’s environment of fraud and identity theft, your account safety is paramount at Midwest Family Federal Union. Additionally, to help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
We will ask for the following information:
- Full name
- Current address
- Date of birth
- State-issued identification card, such as a driver’s license
- Completed account card / membership application
- Non-documentary methods of verifying identities such as credit bureau reports